Try to avoid photographing babies at all costs as you should never work with animals or children. Just kidding. Photographing a baby can be a really fun and rewarding activity so we’ve put together some tips for you.
- Try to keep the background free of clutter. If the baby has light hair, then look for a darker background. If they have dark hair, try a lighter background.
- if you have a macro mode or lens then use it. This will help to put the background more out of focus.
- Try to get the light source (windows) in front or slightly to the side of your baby. Don’t have the light coming from side on or half the face will be in shadow.
- Timing is important. If you are using a DSLR then focus your shot first then wait for the right moment.
- Have fun and don’t worry if it’s not going to plan. You can always try again later.